Pages

Wednesday 3 October 2012

Baby Cot Mobile Spring Birds tutorial

Today I will share with you how I made this beauty. My inspiration for this piece was my not yet born baby girl... Bring on 8th November...heh So a while back I found this on the web: Brid Mobile This is a project from Disney Family Fun website. It involves printing those shapes of birds on a paper then cutting gluing both sides and putting the string through. I loved the birds on this mobile but wanted something more durable than paper!

I decided to use felt because is lightweight, doesn't fray, comes in loads of lovely colors, is durable, is soft and easy to work with, can be sewn, appliqué or glued.

 
I've cut out the templates out of paper and then used different colors of felt to decorate the birds so they look more like those on the picture of the template.
I've made some decorative stitching with embroidery thread, put fronts and backs together and sew them using blanket stitch, before I've closed the outer stitching I've stuffed those birds with some wadding (batting) so they don't look flat.

To put those up I've designed special holder, kind of bird cage looking. I've used for that some mount board, cut the shape (needs loads of hard work this one, it isn't easy to cut complicated shapes out of mount board, you will need very sharp craft knife! and don't cut yourself!) then I've decoupage the shapes with colourful papers.

 

You can download template for this one that I've designed: just print out this images on A4 paper they should be on the whole page of A4.
 
 
After I've decoupage it I've punched the holes where I wanted the ribbon to go to hold my birds. Tied everything together added some letters to spell my baby's name and here it is lovely girly baby mobile to hang in her room.

 
You can download the birds template from here: printable PDF birds mobile

Here are couple more mobiles that I've made, if you would like a special template to make your own mobile please contact me, I can design something extraordinary for you for really small fee up to a £2 at most.



Owl baby girl mobile no fuss ready handmade available to purchase through my Etsy store: Owl baby mobile

 
 
 
Penguin baby boy mobile no fuss ready handmade available to purchase through my Etsy store: penguin baby mobile

Thanks for looking! Have fun making your own baby cot mobile!

9 comments:

  1. these design are so nice. I really like all the posts
    http://notes.com.pk/wp-admin/post.php?post=749&action=edit

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://www.allenglishlanguage.com/course
    your post is very well i satisfied this post, English Language course

    ReplyDelete
  3. myskills.pk

    Complete web designing course

    ReplyDelete
  4. https://skillstechnologyweb.com/pakistan-sim-checker-trace-number/: Your Post is very well and i am very impress on your website keep again same posting. >>>>>>>>> Pakistan Sim Checker Trace number

    ReplyDelete
  5. : Your Post is very well and i am very impress on your web: https://skillstechnologyweb.com/pakistan-sim-checker-trace-number/site keep again same posting. >>>>>>>>> Pakistan Sim Checker Trace number

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Post is well and i am very impress on your website keep again same posting. >>>>>>>>> STC Call & Internet Packagesk https://skillstechnologyweb.com/stc-call-internet-packages-2020/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Post is well and i am very impress on your website keep again same posting. >>>>>>>>> STC Call & Internet Packages 2020https://skillstechnologyweb.com/stc-call-internet-packages-2020/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Learn English Language Course for every one to learn daily English sentence http://englishlanguage.pk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Normally I ɗon’t read article on blogs, һowever I wish to say that this write-up very compelled me to trry and do it! Your ԝriting taste hhas been surpriseɗ >>>> Fruits name in English Urdu Hindi

    ReplyDelete